Gray Consulting and Therapy, LLC provides consultation, evaluation, training, therapy, and specialty services to school districts.
Gray Consulting and Therapy, LLC provides consultation, evaluation, training, therapy, and specialty services to school districts. Consultation packages provide your district with consultation services at regular intervals. This flexible block of time gives your district control to spread services across students, classrooms, buildings, teams, and/or administrators, in a way that makes sense for your district’s assistive technology priorities.
EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING COACHING
Gray Consulting and Therapy specializes in ADD/ADHD and offers Executive Functioning Coaching. Services are provided for children, adolescents and adults. Coaching sessions are available in our office or online. Coaching sessions provide individuals with the opportunity to develop skills and strategies to embed in their daily lives, as well as support and accountability to ensure success.
In conjunction with Executive Functioning Coaching, services are available for parents as well as school districts. Parents can receive support in understanding, preparing for, and during evaluation and IEP meetings. Gray Consulting and Therapy also provides in-school/in-district consultations and training sessions for teachers and parent groups.
SPECIALIZED DISTRICT-WIDE PROJECTS
Formal Services include a written report and evaluator participation in a Team Meeting to review testing. Formal Evaluation Services may be included or added onto consultation packages. This includes direct and indirect (report writing, scoring, record review, team interview, observation) time and can range from 8-15 hours, depending on complexity. Gray Consulting and Therapy, LLC clinicians refer AT/AAC evaluations that are beyond the scope of practice of the evaluating clinician.
- Initial or Triennial Speech and Language Evaluations: These evaluations are available for teams who want an evaluation for students with complex communication needs. They are also available to students with traditional speech language disorders, as part of the special education process. We are able to offer this service to middle and high school students with language learning or speech-language disabilities. Evaluations are available to students of any age who use augmentative communication.
- Assistive Technology Consultations/Evaluations: Assist teams with implementing assistive technology for a specific purpose. These evaluations are focused on identifying solutions to specific tasks.
- Augmentative Communication Consultations/Evaluations: Consultations and evaluations are available for teams who are looking to better implement augmentative communication in the school setting. This may include better use of low or high tech augmentative communication systems that are already in place, or assisting teams with exploring different technology if what is in place isn’t working. Services are focused on specific questions that the team would like answered. Evaluations are written for educational planning purposes, not third party funding (i.e, insurance, Medicaid) of augmentative communication devices.
PRESENTING AND TRAINING SERVICES
Let us customize a training for your next early release or professional development day. We have extensive experience presenting on the local, regional, and national level. Workshops and trainings are available to meet district training needs on early release days and professional development days. We offer half and full day trainings.
The following is a list of potential topics that can be covered:
- Augmentative Alternative Communication
- Adapting Books for Emergent Literacy
- Emergent Reading and Writing for students using Augmentative Communication
- Assistive Technology for reading and writing
- How to include Assistive Technology in an IEP
- Goal writing for Augmentative communication or Assistive Technology
- What is Assistive Technology and Universal Design for Learning?
We offer school-based speech therapy contract services. For students who need services outside of their school environment, therapy services are available at our office during the school day. Speech-language therapy is available for upper-elementary, middle, and high schoolers with language learning disabilities, speech-language disorders, and students of all ages who use augmentative alternative communication.
We also provide training to students learning assistive technology and online tools such as Google Drive and extensions, Bookshare, speech-to-text and text-to-speech programs.